Accessing Enterprise Manager Website
When you access Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager for the first time, you must log in as a user with administrative rights. To do that, enter credentials of a user account with local administrative rights or a user account that was used to install Enterprise Manager. Later you can add other account in Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Managing Accounts and Roles.
To access the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager website:
- Double-click the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager icon on the desktop or select Programs > Veeam > Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager from the Start menu.
Alternatively, open your web browser and enter the following URL in the address bar:
- From the drop-down list, select a display language.
For more information, see Managing Languages.
- Log in using your credentials:
- To log in with Enterprise Manager credentials:
- In the Username and Password fields, specify your Enterprise Manager credentials. Provide the user account name in the DOMAIN\Username format.
- To save the entered credentials for future access, select the Remain signed in option.
- Click Sign in.
- To log in with single sign-on, click Use Single Sign-On (SSO). Enterprise Manager will redirect you to the login webpage of the single sign-on service. Complete the sign-in procedure on the login page. If the account is already authenticated in the single sign-on service, you will immediately access the Enterprise Manager website.
The Use Single Sign-On (SSO) option is available if SAML authentication is configured for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Configuring SAML Authentication Settings.
When you log in under a user account which is not assigned a role for Enterprise Manager, you are automatically redirected to the Veeam Self-Service File Restore Portal. On this portal, you can browse and restore only machines on which your user account has local administrative rights. For more information on configuring Enterprise Manager security roles, see Managing Accounts and Roles.
Veeam Self-Service File Restore Portal is available in the Enterprise Plus edition of Veeam Backup & Replication.
If you cannot access web UI over HTTPS, this can be due to several reasons. For more information, see this Veeam Knowledge Base article.
If you use Internet Explorer, then to be able to access the Enterprise Manager website using an account currently logged in to the Microsoft Windows OS, you can add this website to Local intranet sites in the Internet Options. In case the current user cannot be authenticated using this method, the Enterprise Manager login window will be displayed. This method works only for Internet Explorer. If you use another web browser, you may be prompted for login.
After you finish working with the Enterprise Manager website, or if you need to switch the user account, click the user name in the top right corner of the main window and then click Sign Out.