Accessing Enterprise Manager Website
To access the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager website:
- Double-click the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager icon on the desktop or select Programs > Veeam > Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager from the Start menu.
Alternatively, open your web browser and enter the following address to the address bar:
- In the Sign in field, enter a user name of an account added to Enterprise Manager, and click Next.
- To sign in to Enterprise Manager under an account that requires providing a password, enter the user account name in the DOMAIN\Username format.
- To sign in to Enterprise Manager under an account that uses a single sign-on service, enter the user account name in the Username@Suffix format (for example, email@example.com).
- In the Enter password field, enter a password of the provided user account.
Alternatively, if SAML authentication settings are enabled in Enterprise Manager, and you sign in to Enterprise Manager under an account that uses a single sign-on service, Enterprise Manager will redirect you to the login webpage of the single sign-on service. Complete the sign-in procedure on the login page. If the account is already authenticated in the single sign-on service, you will immediately access the Enterprise Manager website.
In case SAML authentication settings are not enabled in Enterprise Manager, and you enter a user name of the account to sign in to Enterprise Manager in the Username@Suffix format, Enterprise Manager will convert the name to the DOMAIN\Username format and prompt you to enter a password for the account.
When you access Enterprise Manager for the first time, you must log in as a user with administrative rights. To do that, enter credentials of a user account with local administrative rights or a user account that was used to install Enterprise Manager. For future work, you can create other users in Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Managing Accounts and Roles.
- [Optional] Select the Remain signed in check box to save the entered credentials for future access.
- Click Sign In.
When you log in under a user account which is not assigned a security role for Enterprise Manager, you are automatically redirected to the Veeam Self-Service File Restore Portal. On this portal, you can browse and restore only machines on which your user account has local administrative rights. For more information on configuring Enterprise Manager security roles, see Managing Accounts and Roles.
Veeam Self-Service File Restore Portal is available in the Enterprise Plus edition of Veeam Backup & Replication.
If you cannot access web UI over HTTPS, this can be due to several reasons. For more information, see this Veeam Knowledge Base article.
If you use Internet Explorer, then to be able to access the Enterprise Manager website using an account currently logged on to the Microsoft Windows OS, you can add this website to Local intranet sites in the Internet Options. In case the current user cannot be authenticated using this method, the Enterprise Manager login window will be displayed. This method works only for Internet Explorer. If you use another web browser, you may be prompted for login.
After you finish working with the Enterprise Manager website, or if you need to switch the user account, click a user name in the top right corner of the main window and then click Sign Out.