Step 7. Specify Database Server
At the Database step of the wizard, select the Microsoft SQL server instance and database that were used by the previous version of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, and specify the authentication mode.
After you upgrade Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you can migrate its configuration database to PostgreSQL using the Enterprise Manager Database Migration and Configuration Database Connection Settings utilities. For more information, see Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Utilities.
- Specify instance settings:
- In the SQL Server instance field, enter the instance name in the HOSTNAME\INSTANCE format or select an instance from the drop-down list. You can also click Browse to choose a Microsoft SQL Server on a remote machine.
- In the Database name field, specify a name for the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager configuration database.
- Select an authentication mode to connect to the database server instance: Microsoft Windows authentication or native database server authentication. If you select the native authentication, enter credentials of the database account.
- If the configuration database is in use by another Enterprise Manager server, the wizard will notify about it. To continue the installation, click Yes.
- If the wizard detects a configuration database with the specified name (for example, it was created by a previous installation of Enterprise Manager), the wizard will notify about it. To connect to the detected database, click Yes.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will automatically upgrade the database to the latest version.