Managing Cloud Director Jobs
On the Jobs tab, members of the VMware Cloud Director organization can perform the following operations with Cloud Director backup jobs:
- Creating jobs
- Starting, stopping and retrying jobs
- Enabling and disabling jobs
- Editing job settings
- Deleting jobs
Before You Begin
Before you start working with jobs, consider the following:
- Organization members cannot see the jobs with VMs from their Cloud Director organization if the jobs are created using Veeam Backup & Replication. To view these jobs, tenants can map their organization jobs using a PowerShell command. For more information, see the Set-VBRvCloudOrganizationJobMapping section of the Veeam Backup & Replication PowerShell Reference. Tenants can map jobs of their own organization only.
- Job cloning is not available.
- The following limitations apply to scenario involving VM backup and subsequent restore using Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal:
- You create a backup job that will process a VM added explicitly (that is, not as a part of a vApp container).
- This job runs creating a number of restore points.
- Then you restore this VM to the original location by using the portal.
After restore, the VM identifier changes in Cloud Director hierarchy. Due to this reason, the backup job cannot locate this VM any longer. So, you need to edit job settings, adding this VM anew. To ensure that job configuration will store this VM with the new metadata (not the old one from Cloud Director hierarchy cache), you should first click Reload in the Add Objects window.
- At the next job run, a new full backup will be created for this VM. However, if you try to perform file-level restore with the portal from the restore points created initially for that VM (on step 2), the restore operation will fail, as that VM identifier does not exist any longer.