vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal is a tool for vSphere users that facilitates operations with delegated VMs protection, including VM restore and files restore. These operations do not require access to Veeam backup management console. For backup and restore operations, the user accesses the vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal.
To access the portal, connect to the following URL:
Log in to the portal using domain user credentials.
Working with Portal
Using the vSphere self-service portal you can perform the following operations:
- View statistics on vSphere user backups on the Dashboard tab.
- Examine and export job sessions data, search for jobs, create new jobs and edit jobs on the Jobs tab.
- Search for virtual machines and restore virtual machines and containers with a single click to their original location on the VMs tab.
- Search for files on VM guest file system and restore the necessary file(s) to the original location or download to a local machine on the Files tab.
- Perform application item-level restore of SQL Server and Oracle databases on the Items tab.
SAML Authorization is not supported for the vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal.