vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal is a tool for VMware vSphere users that facilitates operations with delegated VM protection, including VM restore and files restore. These operations do not require access to the Veeam Backup & Replication console. For backup and restore operations, tenants access vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal.
To access vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal:
- Connect to the following URL:
- In the Username and Password fields, specify credentials of the domain user for which the administrator created a vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal tenant account. The user name must be provided in the DOMAIN\Username format.
- [Optional] Select the Remember me check box to save the user name for future access.
- Click Login.
SAML Authorization is not supported for vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal.
You can use vSphere Self-Service Backup Portal to perform the following operations:
- View statistics on backups of vSphere VMs. For more information, see Viewing Self-Service Backup Portal Statistics.
- Work with backup jobs that process vSphere VMs: create and edit backup jobs; examine and export backup job session data; start, stop and retry backup jobs. For more information, see Managing Backup Jobs.
- Perform backup and restore operations with vSphere VMs. For more information, see Managing VMs.
- Search for files in guest file systems of backed-up VMs and restore the necessary files to the original location or download them to a local machine. For more information, see Restoring Guest OS Files.
- Perform item-level restore of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. For more information, see Restoring Application Items.