Performing Advanced Search
With advanced search, you can search for files in all restore points of a selected machine backup and filter search results by certain criteria. After you find necessary files, you can select them to perform file restore.
To perform advanced search, do the following:
- Open the Files tab and click No Filter next to the search field.
- In the search field, enter the name of the necessary file or a part of it.
- In the Set Options window, define the necessary search criteria:
- Location — select a specific folder on the machine to search in.
- Last modification time — specify approximate time when the file was last modified or set a time interval.
- Backup time — choose to search through the latest backup of the specified machine or all backups of the machine created within a certain time interval.
- Owner — select to search for files with a specific owner.
- Type — select to search for files of specific type or with a certain extension.
- Size — specify approximate size of file or set a size range.
- To apply the filter, click Apply.
- Click Search on the right of the search field.