Registering Application in Azure Portal
Before the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager web application can obtain an access token, you need to register the application with the Microsoft identity platform. Upon registration you will have application essentials required for acquiring an access token.
You can register Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager in the Azure portal. For more information on registering applications, see Microsoft Docs.
- Log in to the Azure portal under an account that you want to use for sending email notifications. The account must have an active subscription.
- Register Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager as an application.
As a redirect URI, specify the following:
where <EnterpriseManagerServer> is a host name or IP address of the host where the Enterprise Manager server resides.
- Grant the application the Mail.Send permission of Microsoft Graph. This will allow Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager to call the Microsoft Graph API for sending email notifications.
- Add a new client secret. It is used to prove the application identity to the Microsoft identity platform.
- Record the following data required for acquiring an access token:
- Directory (tenant) ID
- Application (client) ID
- Client secret value