Configuring Restrictions for Delegated Restore
By default, users can restore all types of files from available backups. Files can be restored either to the local machine or the original location. For security purposes, you can configure additional restrictions for the restore scope. For example, you can specify the list of file types available to the operator or prohibit downloading of restored files at all.
To restrict the restore operator actions, perform the following steps when adding or editing the account:
- Open the Roles section of the Configuration view.
- Click Add to add an account, or select an existing account and click Edit.
- In the Allow restore of section, to allow restore of entire machines and VM disks of machines included in the restore scope, select the Entire machines and disks check box.
- To allow restore of guest OS files, select the Files and folders check box. If you select this check box, you can also select the following options:
- Allow in-place file restores only — select this option to allow file-level restore to the original location only. Consider that the restored files will be available only to accounts that have access to the original machine.
- Allow restore of files with these extensions only — select this option to define which file types are allowed for restore. In the text box, enter a list of extensions for allowed file types, separated by commas.
- To allow restore of Microsoft Exchange items (mail, calendars, tasks), select the Microsoft Exchange items check box.
- To allow restore of databases, select the Databases check box. If you select this check box, you can also select the following options:
- Microsoft SQL Server databases — select this option to allow restore of Microsoft SQL databases on machines included in the user's restore scope.
- Oracle databases — select this option to allow restore of Oracle databases on machines included in the user's restore scope.
- Deny in-place database restores — select this option to restrict the restore operator from overwriting the original databases during the database restore process.
- Click OK.