Before You Begin
Before you install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, check the following prerequisites:
- A machine on which you plan to install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager must meet the system requirements. For more information, see System Requirements.
- A user account that you plan to use for installation must have sufficient permissions. For more information, see Permissions.
- Backup infrastructure components communicate with each other over specific ports. These ports must be open. For more information, see Ports.
- Local antivirus or antimalware software can interfere with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager installation. If you receive the "Failed to create website 0x80070020" message, disable your local antivirus or antimalware software and run the installation process again. You can re-enable your antivirus software once the installation completes. For more information, see this Veeam KB article.
- .NET 3.5.1 WCF HTTP Activation Windows component prevents Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager from functioning. Make sure there is no .NET 3.5.1 WCF HTTP Activation Windows component on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server prior to the installation.
- Make sure there is no Microsoft Search Server installed on the machine. If you have Microsoft Search Server, uninstall it prior to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager installation.
- Check the Known Issues section of the Veeam Backup & Replication 12 Release Notes.