Before You Begin
You can add organization configurations only for one of the vCD servers that are added to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager infrastructure. This vCD server is called working. When you add the first configuration, you select the vCD server you need, and Enterprise Manager marks this vCD server as working. The next time you add a configuration, Enterprise Manager will create it for the working vCD server. If you need to change the working vCD server, contact Veeam Customer Support.
Before you manage vCD organization configurations, check the following prerequisites:
- The version of the working vCD server must be 9.5 or later.
For more information on system requirements, see System Requirements.
- On a backup server, the vCD server must be added to the backup infrastructure.
For more information, see the Adding VMware vCloud Director section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- The backup server that has the vCD server in its infrastructure must be added to Enterprise Manager. Make sure that the version of Veeam Backup & Replication installed on the backup server matches the version of Enterprise Manager.
For more information, see Managing Veeam Backup Servers.
- Enterprise Manager must complete data collection from the added backup server.
For more information, see Collecting Data from Backup Servers.
- The account that will be used to control vCD organization configurations must be assigned the Portal Administrator role.
For more information, see Configuring Accounts and Roles.
- In vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, the current Enterprise Manager server must be specified in settings of the Veeam Backup & Replication plug-in.