If you choose to download the restored file, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager interacts with the corresponding Veeam backup server to extract the necessary file from a backup. The user who initiated file restore will be able to download the file to the local machine.
To restore a file to the local machine, follow the next steps:
- Locate the necessary file using browse or search possibilities of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For details, see Browsing Machine Backups for Guest OS Files or Searching Machine Backups for Guest OS Files.
- Click the Download button, or right-click the file and select Download.
- Click Yes to confirm the operation.
- Wait for restore session to complete and the file to be retrieved from the backup.
- In the Log tab, go to the last record in the session log (“Restored files are available for download”), and click the download link.
Restored files are stored in ZipDownload package named FLR_<date>_<time>.zip by default in the Downloads folder. They are periodically cleaned up by Veeam Backup & Replication – files older than 24 hours are automatically deleted (built-in value).