Downloading Files to Local Machine
If you choose to download the restored file, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager interacts with the Veeam backup server to extract the necessary file from a backup. The user who initiated file restore will be able to download the file to the local machine.
To restore a file to the local machine:
- Locate the necessary file using browse or search possibilities of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For details, see Browsing Machine Backups for Guest OS Files or Searching Machine Backups for Guest OS Files.
- Click Download.
- In the displayed window, click Yes.
- Wait for restore session to complete and for the file to be retrieved from the backup.
- Select the file from the list.
- In the Log tab of the File Restore History view, click the download link in the Restored files are available for download record of the session log.
The file is saved to the default download folder on your local machine.
If you download a single file, it is also saved in the %ProgramData%\Veeam\Backup\WebRestore folder. Multiple files are packed in a ZIP file named FLR_<date>_<time>.zip and stored in the same folder. Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager cleans up the folder periodically. Files older than 24 hours are automatically deleted. To change the default storage folder, contact Veeam Customer Support.