In addition to restoring single files from selected restore points, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager supports bulk restore. If you need to restore multiple files at once, you can select more than one file in the preview pane when browsing, and then use the Restore command, or add the necessary files to the restore list and then restore all files at once. Unlike the Restore command, using the restore list helps you to prepare for restore files from different file shares and restore points.
To add a file to the restore list:
- Locate the necessary file using browse or search possibilities of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Viewing and Searching File Share Backups and Browsing File Share Backups.
- Click Add to Restore List.
- If you browsed for files in all restore points created for the file share, and the restore points contain multiple versions of the file that you want to restore, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will prompt you to select the file version. In the Select version window, select the restore point that contains the necessary file version and click OK.
You cannot add multiple versions of the same file to the restore list using the Select version window. If you want to restore multiple versions of a file, browse to this file in a specific restore point and add this file to the restore list.
When a file is added to the restore list, the Pending restore notification appears at the top of the Enterprise Manager UI window.
To restore files added to the restore list:
- In the restore list notification, click Pending restore.
- In the Pending Restore window, select check boxes next to the files that you want to restore. Use the check box next to the header of the Name column to select all files in the list at once.
If you want to remove a file from the restore list, select the file and click Delete.
- Click the Restore or Download link to perform the necessary restore operation for the selected files.
- In the displayed window, click Yes.
- [For the download operation] Wait for restore session to complete. In the Log tab of the File Restore History view, click the download link.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager keeps links for downloaded files in the history for one day. To download a file that was previously restored: