Deploying vSphere Client Plug-in
You can install Veeam Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client using Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager under an account with the Portal Administrator role. For more information, see Installing vSphere Client Plug-in.
For more information on VMware vSphere Client, see this VMware article.
Before installing the plug-in, make sure the following requirements are met:
- The plug-in supports vSphere Client version 6.0 and later.
- For vSphere Client 7.0.0 or earlier, the plug-in is installed locally on the VMware vCenter Server. For more information, see Local vSphere Client Plug-in.
- For vSphere Client versions 6.0 – 6.5, the plug-in is available with the flex/flash interface.
- For vSphere Client versions 6.7 – 7.0.0, the plug-in offers HTML5 user interface. The earlier versions of the client do not support HTML5.
- For vSphere Client versions 7.0.1 and later, plug-in is installed remotely on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server. For more information, see Remote vSphere Client Plug-in.
- The vCenter Server must be added to the backup server infrastructure.
For more information, see the Adding VMware vSphere Servers section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- The backup server that contains the vCenter Server in its infrastructure must be connected to Enterprise Manager.
For more information, see Adding Backup Servers.
- The Enterprise Manager server must be able to resolve the FQDN of the vCenter Server and must have access to the vCenter Server over HTTPS. In particular, this is necessary if the plug-in uses default vCenter Single Sign-On for authentication.
For more information on the authentication process, see Configuring Plug-in Settings.
- Account used to install the plug-in must have sufficient access rights for vCenter Server (must belong to the same domain in case of cross-domain access):
- Extension > Register extension — to install the plug-in
- Extension > Unregister extension — to uninstall the plug-in