Authorized users can instantly recover VMs from backups to the original location or a new location included in their restore scope. Users with the Portal Administrator role have no scope limitations. For more information on restore scope, see Configuring Restore Scope.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager supports the following scenarios of Instant Recovery:
- Instant recovery of VMware vSphere VMs to VMware vSphere
- Instant recovery of VMware Cloud Director VMs to VMware Cloud Director
- Instant recovery of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs to Microsoft Hyper-V
Using the Veeam Backup & Replication console, you can instantly recover VMware vSphere VMs to Microsoft Hyper-V and instantly recover Microsoft Hyper-V VMs to VMware vSphere. For more information, see the VM Recovery section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Instant Recovery is available in the Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions of Veeam Backup & Replication.
Supported Backup Types
You can recover workloads from the following types of backups:
- Backups of VMware vSphere virtual machines created by Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backups of VMware Cloud Director virtual machines created by Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backups of Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines created by Veeam Backup & Replication