Members of VMware Cloud Director organization can use Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal to backup and restore resources of their Cloud Director organization. To authenticate users, Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal uses LDAP and local user authentication. SAML authentication is also supported if you access Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal from the Cloud Director UI using Veeam Plug-in for VMware Cloud Director. For more information, see Accessing Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal.
The following organization members have access to Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal:
- Cloud Director organization administrator
- Cloud Director organization member that has all of the following rights granted in VMware Cloud Director:
- General: Administrator Control
- General: Administrator View
- User: View Users and Groups
- Organization: View Organization Administrative Details (required for access using Veeam Plug-in for VMware Cloud Director only)
- Any Cloud Director organization members whose roles (or associated LDAP user roles) are defined in registry keys and with the Group / User: View right granted in VMware Cloud Director. For more information, contact Veeam Customer Support.
Cloud Director system administrators cannot access Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal since they are not organization members.