Entire VM Restore
Authorized users can restore entire VMs from backups to the original location or a new location included in their restore scope. Users with the Portal Administrator role have no scope limitations. For more information on restore scope, see Configuring Restore Scope.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager supports the following scenarios of entire VM restore:
- Restoring a VMware vSphere VM to VMware vSphere
- Restoring a VMware Cloud Director VM to VMware Cloud Director
- Restoring a Microsoft Hyper-V VM to Microsoft Hyper-V
Before You Begin
Before you perform entire VM restore, consider the following:
- Entire VM Restore is available in the Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions of Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager does not support entire VM Restore from storage snapshots, Veeam Agent backups and backups created with Veeam Plug-ins for Enterprise Applications.