You can install a new license on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server. The new license is automatically applied to all backup servers connected to Enterprise Manager. This approach simplifies tracking license usage and license updates across multiple backup servers.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager can only apply its license to a backup server when the major version of Veeam Backup & Replication installed on the backup server and the Enterprise Manager major version are the same.
To install a license:
- Sign in to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager using an account with the Portal Administrator role.
- To open the Configuration view, click Configuration in the top right corner.
- In the Configuration view, open the Licensing section.
- On the Summary tab, click Install license.
- Select the necessary LIC file and click Open.