You can install a new license on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server. The new license is automatically applied to all backup servers connected to Enterprise Manager. This approach simplifies tracking license usage and license updates across multiple backup servers.
If you have a Perpetual Socket license installed, you can install an instance license over it. In this case, the licenses will be merged. For more information on licenses available for merging, see the Merging Licenses section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide. After the merge, you can remove an unnecessary part of the merged license. For details, see Removing License.
Starting from version 12.1 (build 18.104.22.1681), Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager supports the new socket-based Subscription license and can apply this license to connected backup servers that have Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 or later installed. If a backup server with an earlier version uses another license type, its license remains unchanged.
To install a license, take the following steps:
- Sign in to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager using an account with the Portal Administrator role.
- To open the Configuration view, click Configuration in the top right corner.
- In the Configuration view, open the Licensing section.
- On the Summary tab, click Install license.
- Select the necessary LIC file and click Open.