Accessing Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal
Members of vCloud Director (vCD) organizations can access Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal in the following ways:
For more information on access rights, see Required Permissions.
To access Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal by URL:
- Open your web browser and enter the following URL in the address bar:
- <EnterpriseManagerServer> is a host name or IP address of the host where the Enterprise Manager server resides.
- <OrgName> is a name of the vCD organization.
- <vCDServer> is a host name or IP address of the host where the vCD server resides.
This URL part is optional. If you do not specify a vCD host here, you may be asked to select the host when you log in to the portal.
- From the drop-down list, select a display language.
For more information on display languages, see Managing Languages.
You can select a display language for the portal if Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager 11a (build 220.127.116.111 or later) is installed on the Enterprise Manager server.
- In the Username and Password fields, specify credentials of a vCD account with proper rights.
- To save the entered credentials for future access, select the Remember me check box.
- Click Sign in.
- From the list of hosts with vCD servers, select the one where your organization has been created.
The list of hosts is displayed if multiple vCD servers are added to the Enterprise Manager infrastructure.
In the vCD environment, Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal is displayed in English by default. Starting from Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager 11a (build 18.104.22.1681), when you access the portal by its URL, you can select a preferred language from the drop-down list on the login page. After you select the language here, you can work with the portal in the selected language from the vCD environment. For more information, see Accessing Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal by URL.
Before members of vCD organizations can access Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal from the vCD UI, the vCD system administrator must upload and configure Veeam Plug-in for VMware vCloud Director. For more information, see Veeam Plug-in for VMware vCloud Director.
To access Veeam Self-Service Backup Portal from vCD:
- Log in to vCloud Director Tenant Portal under a vCD account with proper rights.
- From the More menu, select Data Protection with Veeam.
If you have a connection error when accessing Veeam Plug-in for VMware vCloud Director, add the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager certificate as trusted to your browser.