To start working with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager website. For more information, see Accessing Enterprise Manager Website.
- Add backup servers you want to manage. For more information, see Adding Veeam Backup Servers.
- Retrieve data from added backup servers. For more information, see Collecting Data from Backup Servers.
- Assign the Portal Administrator, Restore Operator or Portal User roles to users who will work with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Configuring Accounts and Roles.
- Provide email notification settings to be able to receive emails with summary on performed backup and replication jobs, lab request status changes and file restore operations. For more information, see Configuring Notification Settings.
Once you have performed initial configuration, you can start working with managed backup servers. You can change the necessary settings in the Configuration view at any time.
The initial configuration tasks can be performed either by the user who installed Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager or any of the users listed in the local Administrators group (these accounts are automatically included in the Portal Administrators group).