To start working with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager website. For more information, see Accessing Enterprise Manager Website.
- To start working with backup servers, you must add all Veeam backup servers you want to manage to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Managing Veeam Backup Servers.
- Retrieve data from added backup servers. For more information, see Collecting Data from Backup Servers.
- Assign Portal Administrator, Restore Operator or Portal User roles to users who will work with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For more information, see Configuring Security Settings.
- Provide email notification settings to be able to receive emails with summary on performed backup and replication jobs, lab request status changes and file restore operations. For more information, see Configuring Notification Settings.
Once you have performed the initial configuration, you can start working with managed backup servers. You can modify the needed settings through the Configuration view at any time.