When you start Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager for the first time, you should perform a number of configuration tasks which are required to start using the management and reporting functions. Note that the initial configuration tasks can be performed either by the user who installed Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager or any of the users listed in the local Administrators group (these accounts are automatically included into Portal Administrators group).
To start working with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager website. For details, see Accessing Management Website.
- Add backup servers you want to manage. For details, see Adding Veeam Backup Servers.
- Retrieve data from added backup servers. For details, see Collecting Data from Backup Servers.
- Assign Portal Administrator, Restore Operator or Portal User roles to users who will be working with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. For details, see Configuring Security Settings.
- Provide email notification settings to be able to receive emails with summary on performed backup and replication jobs, lab request status changes and file restore operations. For details, see Configuring Notification Settings.
Once you have performed initial configuration, you can start working with managed backup servers. Then you can use the Configuration view in Enterprise Manager to modify the necessary settings as you need.