If Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager has an Enterprise or Enterprise Plus license installed, users with the Portal Administrator role can modify settings of CDP policies that have been previously configured on managed backup servers. In Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you can change only a subset of the CDP policy settings. Other policy settings can be configured with the Veeam Backup & Replication console only. If you have Veeam backup servers of earlier versions added to Enterprise Manager, CDP policies managed by these servers cannot be modified using Enterprise Manager.
You can edit the following CDP Policy settings:
- Policy name and description
- List of VMs that the policy processes
- Policy schedule
- Guest processing settings
To edit a CDP policy, open the Edit Policy wizard:
- Open the Policies tab and select the necessary policy in the list.
- On the toolbar, click Policy and select Edit.
The next sections will guide you through all steps of the wizard and provide explanation on available options.