For safety’s sake, it is recommended to periodically generate new Enterprise Manager keys that should be used in the encryption process. Regular change of encryption keys raises the encryption security level.
When you create new Enterprise Manager keys, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager generates a keyset of two matching keys:
- Public Enterprise Manager key
- Private Enterprise Manager key
Enterprise Manager keys are created in the inactive state. To make the keys active and use them for encryption and decryption, you need to activate the keys.
To create a new keyset of Enterprise Manager keys:
- In Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, go to the Configuration > Key Management section.
- Click Generate on the right of the keyset list.
- In the Hint field, enter a description for the created keyset. The keyset description will help you to distinguish the created keyset in the list. Click the Generate button when ready.