To modify vCloud Director organization settings:
- On the vCloud tab select the organization you need.
- Click the Edit button in the top right corner to open the Edit window.
- Edit the organization settings, as necessary. If you want to display job settings applied to backup jobs for this organization, click Show advanced job settings in the window:
- In the Advanced job settings section you can examine existing job configuration.
- In the Copy from field you will see the name of a vCloud Director job previously selected as a template for this organization.
- To change the job that should be used as a template from that point forward, in the Copy from list select the job you need and click Apply.
Considerations and Limitations
Consider the following recommendations for modifying organization settings:
- If you plan to modify job template for the selected vCloud Director organization, remember that new settings will be applied only to the new jobs created for that organization; existing jobs will not be affected.
- If you need to enable and modify sample configuration, then you should make sure that it does not have default repository setting — for that, from the list of repositories select the value different from Disable self-service backup for other organizations.
- If you want existing backup job (template) to store backups to another repository instead of the currently configured for organization, then backup administrator should do the following:
- Move corresponding backups of vCloud Director objects to the new repository.
- Modify backup job (template) and vCloud Director organization settings so that job would point to the new repository.
Otherwise, data will be stored to the old repository, exceeding the quota.