To configure vCloud Director organization settings:
- Log in to the Enterprise Manager web UI using the administrative account.
- Click Configuration and select vCloud tab on the left. You will see the list of vCloud Director organization configurations that you can manage.
- By default, initially a sample organization is created and displayed in the preview pane on the right. It has the following settings:
- Name – Other vCloud organizations
- Repository – repository server from backup infrastructure that has the maximum free space
- Quota – default value is 1 TB
These settings will be applied to all vCloud Director organizations without individual settings, that is, for those not included in this list of managed configurations. vCloud Director backup job settings for such organizations will be copied from default job settings as they are shown in the Veeam backup console (see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for details). By default, the sample organization is inactive (the Repository column contains Disable self-service backup for other organizations value). You can modify sample organization configuration, as described in the next section.
- Click the Add button to add a new configuration.
- In the dialog displayed, select the Organization from the list of those available to you. These are vCloud Director organizations from vCloud Director servers processed by Veeam backup servers (added to Enterprise Manager).
- Assign the Repository that will be used by organization VMs. The list includes repositories configured for managed Veeam backup servers.
Consider that you cannot assign cloud-based repositories, as well as NetApp or Nimble storage systems storing snapshots created by Veeam snapshot-only jobs.
- Specify repository storage Quota that will be applied. You can choose GB or TB from the drop-down list and enter the required quantity.
- Select how Job scheduling will be organized. The following options are available:
- Allow: Tenant has full access to all job scheduling options
- Allow: Tenant can create daily and monthly jobs only
- Deny: Creates daily jobs with randomized start time within the backup window
- Deny: Creates job with no schedule assigned
For more detailed information on job scheduling, refer to this section.
- You can click Show advanced job settings link to specify what backup job will be used as a template for vCloud Director organization VMs processing. Then select the backup job which settings will be copied and used as a template - for that, use the Copy from list:
- Default job settings – backup job will be configured with the standard default vCloud Director backup job settings as they are set in the not changed new job in Veeam Backup Console (see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for a detailed description of these settings).
- <job_name> – select the vCloud Director backup job from which settings will be obtained. When finished, click Apply.
Backup repository settings specified for organization at step 6 (global settings) will take priority over those prescribed by selected job template.
- If you do not use the Show advanced job settings link, default job settings will be applied to template.
To populate the list of job templates, you need at least one vCloud Director backup job to be configured in Veeam backup console.
- Click Save to save configuration.
Also, as an Enterprise Manager administrator, you can modify existing settings or remove the organization from the list of managed configurations.
Report on vCloud Organization Configuration
To download a report on configuration of vCloud Director organizations, click Export. The report will be saved to the excelreport file in the default location (local Downloads folder). This report includes information on existing organizations with configuration different from default, and organizations that have default configuration with assigned repository quota. (Thus, sample organization named Other vCloud organizations will not be included in the report.)
Make sure proper connection is established between Veeam backup server and Enterprise Manager, otherwise changes in the list of managed configurations will not be stored in the Veeam configuration database, and vCloud Director infrastructure in Veeam management console will not reflect the updates.
- Modifying vCloud Director Organization Settings
- Removing Custom vCloud Director Organization Settings