Configuring Firewall Settings
To configure firewall rules for a storage account in which Azure resources that you want to protect reside, do the following:
- Log in to the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Click More services and select Resource groups on the All services page.
- On the Resource groups page, select the resource group to which the necessary storage account belongs. The resource group page will open.
- In the Resource list, locate and click the storage account in which resources that you want to protect reside. The Storage account page will open.
- Navigate to Security + networking > Networking.
- On the Firewalls and virtual networks tab, choose the Selected networks option and click Add existing virtual network.
- In the Add networks window:
- From the Subscription drop-down list, select a Microsoft Azure subscription to which Azure VM hosting Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure belongs.
- From the Virtual networks drop-down list, select check boxes next to necessary virtual networks:
- To allow Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to manage backup repositories and to back up Azure VMs, select VNets to which the backup appliance and workers are connected.
- To allow Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to back up Azure file shares, select the VNet to which the backup appliance is connected.
- From the Subnets drop-down list, select check boxes next to subnets to which the backup appliance or workers are connected.
To allow access from virtual networks to storage accounts, Microsoft Azure uses service endpoints. If any of the selected networks do not have service endpoints enabled for Microsoft.Storage, Microsoft Azure will raise a warning. In this case, click Enable and wait for the process to complete. For more information on service endpoints, see Microsoft Docs.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.