Managing SQL Data
After a backup policy successfully creates a restore point of an Azure SQL database according to the specified schedule, or after you create a backup of a database manually, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure adds the database to the resource list on the Protected Data tab.
The Protected Data tab displays Azure resources that are already protected by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure. Each resource is represented with a set of properties, such as:
- Database — the name of the Azure SQL database.
- Server Name — the name of the SQL Server where the protected Azure SQL database is located.
- Policy — the name of the backup policy that protects the Azure SQL database.
- Restore Points — the number of restore points created for the Azure SQL database.
- Last Backup — the date and time of the most recent restore point created for the Azure SQL database.
- Resource Group — the resource group that stores resources related to the Azure SQL database.
- Region — the region in which the Azure SQL database resides.
- SQL Elastic Pool — the name of the elastic pool to which the Azure SQL database is added.
- Tenant ID — the unique identification number of the Azure tenant where the Azure SQL database belongs.
- Subscription ID — the unique identification number of the Microsoft Azure subscription that is used to manage costs of the Azure SQL database.
On the Protected Data tab, you can also perform the following actions:
- Remove restore points if you no longer need them. For more information, see Removing Backups.
- Restore data of backed-up Azure SQL databases. For more information, see Performing SQL Restore.