Removing Backups of Azure SQL Databases
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure applies the retention settings configured in Performing Azure SQL Backup (step 5) section to automatically remove backups of Azure SQL databases. If necessary, you can also remove the backed-up data manually.
Do not delete separate backup files from Microsoft Azure storage accounts manually. If some files in the backup chain are missing, you will not be able to roll back to the necessary state.
To remove backed-up data manually, do the following:
- Navigate to Protected Data.
- Select check boxes next to the necessary Azure SQL databases.
- Click Remove and select either of the following options:
- All — to remove all backups created for the selected Azure VMs both by backup policies and manually.
- Backups — to remove all regular backups created for the selected Azure SQL databases.
- Archive — to remove all archived backups created for the selected Azure SQL databases.
- Manual — to remove backups created for the selected Azure SQL databases manually.
If you want to remove only specific backups, follow the instructions provided in section Removing Azure SQL Backups Created Manually.