Step 2. Specify General Settings
At the VM Configuration step of the wizard, do the following:
- From the Region drop-down list, select a region where new worker instances will operate. You must select the same region where the target Azure storage account belongs.
- Choose the size of VMs that will operate as worker instances:
- Click the link next to VM size to open the list of the available Azure VM sizes.
- In the Select VM size window, select the necessary size of an Azure VM and click OK.
For more information on Azure VM sizes, see Microsoft Docs.
- In the Min field, specify the number of workers that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure must deploy after you create a new worker configuration. This allows you to reduce the amount of time required to perform the operation.
- In the Max field, specify the maximum number of workers that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure can deploy and use simultaneously during a backup or restore operation. This allows you to improve the performance of the operation.
After the backup or restore process completes, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure keeps running the minimum number of worker instances, and the rest are removed from the backup infrastructure. To reduce the cost, set the minimum number of worker instances to 0.