To start working with backup servers, you should add to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager all Veeam backup servers you want to manage.
Mind the following limitations and recommendations:
To add a Veeam backup server:
- Log in to Enterprise Manager using an administrative account, and click Configuration to open the Configuration view.
- Go to the Backup Servers section on the left.
- Click Add at the top of the Backup Servers section.
- In the Backup Server Settings window, enter a full DNS name or IP address of the server you want to add, and provide a server description.
- Provide name and password of the user with administrative rights on the added server (make sure this user is included in the Veeam Backup Administrators group on that server; see Veeam Backup & Replication Server Roles).
- Specify the port used by Veeam Backup Service. By default, port 9392 is used.
- Click OK to add the server.
To edit the settings of a server after it was added, select it in the Backup Servers list and click Edit on the toolbar. Then change the server connection settings as required.
To delete an added Veeam backup server, select it in the Backup Servers list and click Remove on the toolbar.