This section describes the actions that you can take with Veeam Backup & Replication backup servers through Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager UI. With Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager you can:
Veeam Enterprise Manager allows users to manage jobs across a number of Veeam Backup & Replication backup servers and perform restore operations with backups using the information from these Veeam backup servers. To add a Veeam backup server to an Enterprise Manager infrastructure:
- Log in to Enterprise Manager using an administrative account, and click Configuration to open the Configuration view.
- Go to the Backup Servers section on the left.
- Click Add at the top of the Backup Servers section.
- In the Backup Server Settings window, enter a full DNS name or IP address of the server you want to add, and provide a server description.
- Provide name and password of the user with administrative rights on the added server. Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager user must have Veeam Backup Administrator role permissions on the Veeam backup server. For more information see Veeam Backup & Replication Server Roles.
- Specify the port used by Veeam Backup Service. By default, port 9392 is used.
- Click OK to add the server.
To edit the settings of a server after it was added, select it in the Backup Servers list and click Edit on the toolbar.
To delete an added Veeam backup server, select it in the Backup Servers list and click Remove on the toolbar.
Limitations for Adding Backup Servers
Follow these limitations when you add Veeam backup servers to the Veeam Enterprise Manager infrastructure:
- Minimal supported Veeam Backup & Replication version for Veeam backup server is 9.0 Update 2.
- You cannot add cloned backup servers of the added servers.
- You cannot add configuration restored servers of an added server.
- You can add Veeam backup servers only to a single instance of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- You cannot add backup servers that process same machines.
- You cannot add backup servers that process same backups.
- Install the same product version on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server and Veeam backup servers. If you use different versions of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam Backup & Replication, you may not be able to leverage all features in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.