Welcome to Veeam Backup for AWS
Veeam Backup for Amazon Web Services (Veeam Backup for AWS) is a solution developed for protection and disaster recovery tasks for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) environments. Veeam Backup for AWS also allows you to back up and restore Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) configurations.
Veeam Backup for AWS is available only in AWS Global and AWS GovCloud (US) regions.
With Veeam Backup for AWS, you can perform the following data protection operations:
- Create cloud-native snapshots of EC2 and RDS instances.
- Replicate cloud-native snapshots to any AWS Region within any AWS account.
- Create image-level backups of EC2 instances and keep them in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for high availability, cost-effective and long-term storage.
- Create backups of EFS file systems and store them in any backup vault in the source AWS Region.
- Create backup copies of EFS file systems and store them in any AWS Region within the same AWS account
- Create backups of VPC configurations and keep them in the Veeam Backup for AWS database and in Amazon S3.
To recover backed-up data, you can perform the following operations:
- Restore entire EC2 and RDS instances.
- Restore EC2 instance volumes.
- Restore EC2 instance files and folders.
- Restore entire EFS file systems.
- Restore EFS files and directories.
- Restore entire VPC configurations of AWS Regions.
- Restore specific items of VPC configurations of AWS Regions.