Installing and Removing License
This section applies only to the BYOL edition of Veeam Backup for AWS.
To install a Veeam Backup for AWS license on the backup appliance:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Licensing > License Info.
- Click Install License.
- In the Upload file window, click Browse to browse to a license file, and then click Upload.
Veeam Backup for AWS will upload the license file from the local machine and install it on the backup appliance.
You can remove an installed license if necessary.
To remove a license:
- On the License Info tab, click Remove License.
- In the Remove License window, click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the license.
After you remove the license, Veeam Backup for AWS will automatically switch back to the Free edition. In this case, according to the FIFO (first-in first-out) queue, only the first 10 instances registered in the configuration database will remain protected. You can revoke license units from these instances as described in section Revoking License Units.