You can export the backup file to a virtual disk in the VHD format. When you export a backup, you export to a virtual disk data pertaining to the latest restore point in the backup. The created VHD disk will reflect the state in which backed-up volumes were at the time when the latest restore point was created.
To export backup to a VHD disk:
- Start the export process with the following command:
veeamconfig backup export --id <backup_id> --outdir <path>
- <backup_id> — ID of the backup that you want to export to a virtual disk.
- <path> — full path to a directory in which you want to save the created virtual disk. Specifying relative paths is not supported.
user@srv01:~$ veeamconfig backup export --id 45f074d2-d2d9-423d-84e9-8f1798b08d4c --outdir /home/user/disk
- You can monitor the export process and result by viewing the export session log with the following command:
veeamconfig session log --id <session_id>
<session_id> — ID of the export session.
user@srv01:~$ veeamconfig session log --id 5f001367-8937-46e0-a756-449bf9f1a182
You can also check the restore session status with the veeamconfig session info command. To learn more, see Viewing Session Status.
- Exported backup will be saved as a virtual disk file in the specified directory. You can check this with a file browser or with the following command:
<path> — path to the directory in which the virtual disk with the backup is saved.
user@srv01:~$ ls disk/