Exporting Restore Points
You can export the specific restore point to a virtual disk in VHD format. When you export a restore point, you select the necessary restore point in the backup to recover data to a desired point in time. The created VHD disk will reflect the state in which backed-up volumes were at the time when the selected restore point was created.
To export restore point to a VHD disk:
- Start the export process with the following command:
veeamconfig point export --id <point_id> --outdir <path>
- <point_id> — ID of the restore point that you want to export to a virtual disk.
- <path> — full path to a directory in which you want to save the created virtual disk. Specifying relative paths is not supported.
user@srv01:~$ veeamconfig point export --id b319ea1f-59a2-41ea-9ca3-b668e86ac941 --outdir /home/user/veeam/
- You can monitor the export process and result by viewing the export session log with the following command:
veeamconfig session log --id <session_id>
<session_id> — ID of the export session.
user@srv01:~$ veeamconfig session log --id aeb9c549-a660-4a0e-b89c-cb076b8bfa85
You can also check the restore session status with the veeamconfig session info command. To learn more, see Viewing Session Status.
- Exported backup will be saved as a virtual disk file in the specified directory. You can check this with a file browser or with the following command:
<path> — path to the directory in which the virtual disk with the backup is saved.
user@srv01:~$ ls /home/user/veeam/