Backup of Database Systems
You can use Veeam Agent for Linux to create transactionally consistent backups of Veeam Agent machines that run one of the following database systems:
To process database systems with Veeam Agent for Linux, enable application-aware processing for the backup job:
- If you work with Veeam Agent using the Veeam Agent control panel, configure application-specific settings at the Advanced step of the Backup Job wizard. To learn more, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.
- If you work with Veeam Agent using the command line interface, create the backup job, then specify application-specific settings for this job. To learn more, see Creating Volume-Level Backup Job and Configuring Database Processing Settings.
Considerations and Limitations
When you back up database systems, consider the following:
- You can specify settings for database system processing only if Veeam Agent for Linux operates in the Server edition.
- Veeam Agent supports processing of database systems for the volume-level backup only.
- If there are multiple database systems on the Veeam Agent computer, consider the following:
- Veeam Agent supports processing of multiple PostgreSQL database systems on one Veeam Agent computer.
- Veeam Agent supports processing of multiple Oracle Database systems on one Veeam Agent computer only if such systems are of the same major version.
- Veeam Agent does not support processing of multiple MySQL database systems on one Veeam Agent computer.
- Veeam Agent does not support processing of multiple database systems of different types on one Veeam Agent computer.
- Veeam Agent does not support 32-bit database systems installed on a 64-bit Linux OS.