The protected Linux-based endpoint must meet the following requirements:
CPU: x86 processor (i386 or later)
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Disk Space: 100 MB free disk space for product installation.
Network: 10 Mbps or faster network connection to a backup target.
System firmware: BIOS or UEFI.
Linux kernel 2.6.32 or later is required.
Both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the following distributions are supported:
* Both Red Hat Compatible Kernel (RHCK) and Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) are supported.
Veeam Agent for Linux supports data backup and restore for the following file systems*:
The following file systems are not supported:
* Backup of machines used as cluster nodes is not supported.
Protected computer must have the following components installed:
* These packages may require special handling, check the Installing Veeam Agent for Linux section below for more details.
Backup can be performed to the following disk-based storage:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected computer (not recommended).
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) or NFS share. Requires cifs-utils or nfs-utils packages to be installed on the Veeam Agent for Linux computer, depending on a network storage type.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 or later backup repository (except DataDomain DDboost, HPE StoreOnce, cloud and scale-out backup repositories).