The protected Linux-based endpoint must meet the following requirements:
CPU: x86 processor (i386 or later).
Memory: 1 GB RAM.
Disk Space: 100 MB free disk space for product installation.
Network: 10 Mbps or faster network connection to a backup target.
System firmware: BIOS or UEFI.
Disk layout: MBR or GPT.
For virtual machines: Only full virtualization type is supported.
Linux kernel 2.6.32 or later* is supported.
Both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the following distributions** are supported:
* As long as you use kernels supplied by your distribution. Except for Fedora and Tumbleweed distributions: these are supported up to kernel 4.14, inclusive.
** Only GA versions that have been released before the current version of Veeam Agent for Linux are supported.
*** Pre-built binary veeamsnap kernel module packages are not compatible with these distributions, please use the dkms version instead.
Veeam Agent for Linux supports data backup and restore for the following file systems*:
The supported file system can reside on a simple volume or LVM2 volume.
* Backup of machines used as cluster nodes is not supported.
Protected computer must have the following components installed:
* Not required for CentOS, RHEL and SLES distributions if a pre-built binary veeamsnap package is to be installed. For details, see Installing Veeam Agent for Linux.
** Required for Veeam Agent management — a valid UUID must be obtainable either from dmidecode | grep -i uuid or from /sys/class/dmi/id/product_uuid. Each Veeam Agent that consumes a license installed in Veeam Backup & Replication must have a unique UUID.
Backup can be performed to the following disk-based storage:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected computer (not recommended).
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) or NFS share. Requires cifs-utils or nfs-utils packages to be installed on the Veeam Agent for Linux computer, depending on a network storage type.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 or later backup repository* (except DataDomain DDboost, HPE StoreOnce).
- Veeam Cloud Connect 9.5 Update 3 cloud reporitory
* Backup to a scale-out backup repository requires Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 or later.