To boot from the Veeam Recovery Media:
- [For CD/DVD/BD] Power on your computer. Insert the media with the recovery image to the drive and power off the computer.
[For removable storage device] Attach the removable storage device with the recovery image to your computer.
- Start your computer.
- Wait for Veeam Agent for Linux to load files from the Veeam Recovery Media.
- After the recovery image OS has loaded, accept the terms of the product license agreement and license agreements for third-party components of the product:
- Make sure that the I accept Veeam End User Software License Agreement option is selected and press Space.
- Select the I accept the terms of the following 3rd party software components license agreements option with the Tab key and press Space.
- Switch to the Continue button with the Tab key and press Enter.
- Make sure that network settings are specified correctly and configure the network adapter if necessary. To learn more, see Configure Network Settings.
- Choose the necessary recovery option. Veeam Agent for Linux offers the following tools:
- Restore volumes — the Veeam Recovery wizard to recover data on the original computer or perform bare-metal recovery.
- Restore files — the File Level Restore wizard to restore files and folders to the original location or to a new location.
- Switch to command line — Linux shell prompt with standard utilities to diagnose problems and fix errors.
To stop working with the Veeam Recovery Media and shut down or restart your computer, in the Veeam Recovery Media main menu, select the Reboot or Shutdown option and press Enter.