Live Patching Support
The live patching technology allows you to patch a running Linux kernel without the need to reboot or change kernel-related files on the disk.
If you plan to use live patching, consider the following limitations:
- Only kGraft, kpatch and Ksplice kernel extensions are supported.
- Live patching is supported only for the following Linux distributions:
- SLES 12 SP4, 12 SP5, 15 SP1 – 15 SP4
- SLES for SAP 12 SP4, 12 SP5, 15 SP1 – 15 SP4
- RHEL 6.4 – 9.1
- Oracle Linux 6 – 9.1 (RHCK)
- Oracle Linux 6 (starting from UEK R2) – Oracle Linux 9 (up to 5.15.0-126.96.36.199.el9uek)
Before live patching, check the following prerequisites:
- Before you start live patching on a production environment, make sure that a kernel patch does not harm your system in any way using a spare Veeam Agent computer.
- Back up an entire Veeam Agent computer before live patching.
- Make sure that there are no backup jobs running on the Veeam Agent computer during live patching.