To be able to store backups on a backup repository managed by a Veeam backup server, the user must have access permissions on this backup repository.
Access permissions are granted to security principals such as users and AD groups by the backup administrator working with Veeam Backup & Replication. Users with granted access permissions can target Veeam Agent for Linux backup jobs at this backup repository and perform restore from backups located on this backup repository.
Mind the following presets and limitations:
- Right after installation, access permissions on the default backup repository are set to Everyone for testing and evaluation purposes. If necessary, you can change these settings.
- You cannot set up user permissions for cloud repositories and save Veeam Agent for Linux backups directly to these repositories. However, you can configure a backup copy job to copy Veeam Agent for Linux backups from a regular backup repository to the cloud repository. To learn more, see Performing Backup Copy for Veeam Agent for Linux Backups.
To grant access permissions to a security principal:
- In Veeam Backup & Replication, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the necessary backup repository and click Agents Permissions on the ribbon or right-click the backup repository and select Permissions. If you do not see the Agents Permissions button on the ribbon or the Agent permissions command is not available in the shortcut menu, press and hold the [CTRL] key, right-click the backup repository and select Agent permissions.
- In the Agents Backup Permissions window, specify to whom you want to grant access permissions on this backup repository:
- Allow to everyone — select this option if you want all users to be able to store backups on this backup repository. Setting access permissions to Everyone is equal to granting access rights to the Everyone Microsoft Windows group (Anonymous users are excluded). Note, however, this scenario is recommended for demo environments only.
- Allow to the following accounts or groups only — select this option if you want only specific users to be able to store backups on this backup repository. Click Add to add the necessary users and groups to the list.
- If you want to encrypt Veeam Agent for Linux backup files stored on the backup repository, select the Encrypt backups stored in this repository check box and choose the necessary password from the field below. If you have not specified a password beforehand, click Add on the right or the Manage passwords link to add a new password. Veeam Backup & Replication will encrypt files at the backup repository side using its built-in encryption mechanism. To learn more, see Veeam Backup & Replication Documentation.