At the Backup step of the wizard, select a backup and restore point from which you want to recover data.
The Backup step window comprises two panes:
- The Imported backups pane on the left displays available backups and information about each backup: host name of the computer whose data is stored in the backup file, backup job name and number of restore points.
- The Restore points pane on the right displays a list of restore points in the backup.
To select backup and restore point:
- In the Imported backups pane, select with Up and Down keys the backup from which you want to recover data and press Enter.
In the list of backups, Veeam Agent for Linux displays backups that were created by backup jobs configured with Veeam Agent for Linux on your computer. If Veeam Agent for Linux is connected to a Veeam Backup & Replication server or a Veeam Cloud Connect service provider, backups created in the Veeam backup repository or cloud repository also appear in the list.
By default, Veeam Agent for Linux displays in the list only those backups in the Veeam backup repository that were created under your account. If you used an account to which the Veeam Backup Administrator role is assigned to connect to the Veeam backup server, you can also view all Veeam Agent for Linux backups that are stored in the Veeam backup repository to which Veeam Agent for Linux is connected. To view such backups, click the Show all link at the bottom of the list.
If Veeam Agent for Linux fails to display backups stored in the Veeam backup repository for some reason, you can press the 'r' key to rescan the backup repository. Veeam Agent for Linux will try to reconnect to the Veeam backup server and refresh the list of backups.
If you want to recover data from a backup that is stored in another location, for example, a backup created with another instance of Veeam Agent for Linux in a network shared folder, you can import such backup. Press the 'i' key, browse to the directory in which the backup file resides and select the necessary backup file. The selected backup file will be added to the list of backups.
- In the Restore points pane, select with Up and Down keys the restore point from which you want to recover data and press Enter.
- Veeam Agent for Linux will mount the content of the backup file to the /mnt/backup directory in the computer's file system and display a notification window with the corresponding message. Press Enter to close the window and return to the Veeam Agent for Linux control panel.
When you finish working with restored files and folders, you can unmount the backup from the /mnt/backup folder. To learn more, see Stop Backup Mount Session.