The Veeam step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to store backup files on a Veeam Backup & Replication repository.
Specify settings for the Veeam backup server that manages the target backup repository:
- In the Address field, specify a DNS name or IP address of the Veeam backup server.
- In the Port field, specify a number of the port over which Veeam Agent for Linux must communicate with the backup repository. By default, Veeam Agent for Linux uses port 10002.
- In the Login field, type a user name of the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository.
- In the Domain field, type a name of the domain in which the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository is registered, for example: DOMAIN.
- In the Password field, type a password of the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository.
Permissions on the backup repository managed by the target Veeam backup server must be granted beforehand. To learn more, see Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories.
If you specify a DNS name of the Veeam backup server, make sure that the Veeam backup server name is resolved into IPv4 address on the machine where Veeam Agent for Linux is installed. The Veeam Backup Service in Veeam Backup & Replication listens on IPv4 addresses only. If the Veeam backup server name is resolved into IPv6 address, Veeam Agent for Linux will fail to connect to the Veeam backup server.