Stopping Backup Job
You can stop the running backup job before the job session completes, for example, if the backup process is about to take long, and you do not want the job to produce workload on the production environment during business hours.
When you stop a backup job, the job session will finish immediately. Veeam Agent will not produce a new restore point during the session, and the session will finish with the Failed status.
You can stop a job in one of the following ways:
To stop a backup job:
- Launch the Veeam Agent control panel with the veeam or veeamconfig ui command.
- In the Veeam Agent control panel, in the list of backup job sessions, select the currently running session with Up and Down keys and press Enter.
- In the session statistics window, press 's'.
- In the displayed window, make sure that the Yes button is selected and press Enter.
To stop a backup job, use the following command:
veeamconfig session stop --id <session_id>
veeamconfig session stop --force --id <session_id>
- <session_id> — ID of the currently running backup job session that you want to stop.
- --force — with this option enabled, Veeam Agent will immediately stop the backup session even if it is unable to stop the veeamjobman process for some reason.
$ veeamconfig session stop --id 381532f7-426a-4e89-b9fc-43d98942c71a