Preparing Password File for PostgreSQL Processing
You can use PostgreSQL account credentials that are stored in the password file to connect Veeam Agent to the PostgreSQL database system.
If you want to use a password file for authentication, create the .pgpass file in the home directory of the root user.
The password file must have the following contents:
- <hostname> — name of the host where the PostgreSQL database system is located.
- <port> — number of the free port that Veeam Agent will use to connect to the PostgreSQL database system.
- <database> — name of the PostgreSQL database.
- <username> — name of the account that Veeam Agent will use to connect to the PostgreSQL database system.
- <password> — password of the account that Veeam Agent will use to connect to the PostgreSQL database system.
For more information about the password file, see PostgreSQL documentation.