Creating Recovery Token
If you want to recover volumes or an entire computer protected with Veeam Agent, you can use the Create recovery token operation.
You can generate the recovery token on the Veeam Backup & Replication side. Then, on the computer side, with this recovery token get access to the backup and recover data that are stored in the backup.
Before creating a recovery token, consider the following prerequisites and limitations:
- Recovery tokens stay valid for 24 hours.
- You can recover files and folders from the selected backups only.
- During recovery, Veeam Backup & Replication does not stop backup operations.
- You cannot create a recovery token for backups stored in Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
To create a recovery token on the Veeam Backup & Replication side:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, click Backups.
- In the working area, right-click the backup and select Create recovery token.
You can create a recovery token for several backups. To do this, press and hold [CTRL], select multiple backups, right-click one of the selected backups and select Create recovery token.
- In the Create Recovery Token window, click Create.
You can modify the existing recovery token using the PowerShell console. To learn more, see the Working with Tokens section in the Veeam PowerShell Reference.
Alternatively, you can get access to the backup using user credentials. To learn more, see Veeam Backup Repository Settings.