Data Encryption Settings
If you want to encrypt the content of backup files, specify data encryption settings for the backup job:
- In the Specify advanced job settings window, select the Backup encryption option with the Tab key and press Enter.
The Backup encryption option is unavailable if you have chosen to save backup files on a Veeam backup repository. Encryption options for Veeam Agent backup jobs targeted at the backup repository are managed by a backup administrator working with Veeam Backup & Replication. To learn more about data encryption capabilities available in Veeam Backup & Replication, see the Data Encryption section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- In the Encryption window, make sure that the Enable backup file encryption option is selected and press Space.
- In the Password field, type a password that you want to use for encryption.
- In the Hint field, type a hint for the password. In case you lose the password, the specified hint will help you to remember the lost password.
- Switch to the Ok button and press Enter.