If you want to encrypt the content of backup files, at the Advanced step of the wizard, specify data encryption settings for the backup job:
- Select the Backup encryption option with the Tab key and press Enter.
The Backup encryption option is available if Veeam Agent for Linux operates in the workstation or server mode.
- In the Encryption window, make sure that the Enable backup file encryption option is selected and press Space.
- In the Password field, type a password that you want to use for encryption.
- In the Hint field, type a hint for the password. In case you lose the password, the specified hint will help you to remember the lost password.
- Switch to the Ok button and press Enter.