File Indexing Settings
At the Advanced step of the wizard, specify file indexing settings for the backup job:
- Select the File system indexing option with the Tab and Down keys and press Enter.
The File system indexing option is available if Veeam Agent for Linux operates in the Workstation or Server edition.
- In the Indexing window, specify the indexing scope:
- Select Index everything if you want to index all files within the backup scope that you have specified at the Backup mode step of the wizard. Veeam Agent for Linux will index all files that reside:
- On your computer OS (for entire machine backup)
- On the volumes that you have selected for backup (for volume-level backup)
- In the directories that you have selected for backup (for file-level backup)
- [For entire machine and volume-level backups] Select Index everything except if you want to index all files within the specified backup scope except those files that reside in specific directories. Enter paths to directories whose files you do not want to index. To separate several paths, use the ',' (comma) character.
- [For entire machine and volume-level backups] Select Index only following directories to define directories that you want to index. Enter paths to the necessary directories. To separate several paths, use the ',' (comma) character.
- Switch to the Ok button and press Enter.