At the License step of the initial setup wizard, install the Veeam Agent for Linux license. You can choose to install the license immediately or postpone this operation.
- If you choose to install the license, you can immediately browse for the license key on your computer and complete the license installation process.
- If you choose to postpone the license installation process, you will be able to install a license later at any time you need.
Until you install a license, Veeam Agent for Linux will operate in the free functionality mode. To learn more, see Product Functionality Modes.
If you choose not to install a license and use Veeam Agent for Linux in the free functionality mode, Veeam Agent for Linux will display a notification offering to install a license every time you open the control panel. The notification will appear in the control panel until Veeam Agent for Linux completes the first backup job session.
To install a license:
- In the File location field, specify a path to the license key:
- Select the Browse option with the Tab key and press Enter.
- In the Choose license file location window, select the necessary directory and press Enter.
- Repeat the step 'a' until a path to the directory in which the license key resides appears in the Current directory field.
- In the directory where the license key resides, select the license key and press Enter.
- In the Choose agent edition to use on this computer section, select the product functionality mode in which Veeam Agent for Linux will operate and press Enter to install the license and finish working with the initial setup wizard.
Consider the following: