With Veeam Agent for Linux, you can perform backup, restore and configuration tasks in the following ways:
Veeam Agent for Linux control panel is a GUI-like user interface based on the ncurses programming library. With Veeam Agent for Linux control panel, you can perform all basic data protection tasks. You can configure a backup job, start and stop backup jobs, monitor backup job session performance and recover files and folders. When you perform restore tasks after booting from the Veeam Recovery Media, you can also perform volume-level restore with the Veeam Recovery Media wizard.
With Veeam Agent for Linux command line interface, in addition to operations that can be performed with the Veeam Agent for Linux control panel, you can perform a set of advanced tasks. For example, you can:
- Configure advanced settings for backup jobs: specify compression level and data block size.
- Perform operations with backup repositories.
- Perform volume-level restore without the need to boot from the Veeam Recovery Media.
- Export backups to VHD virtual disks.
- Monitor performance and status of any backup, restore and other data transfer session that was started in Veeam Agent for Linux.
- View detailed information on every backup that was created with Veeam Agent for Linux.
- Export/import Veeam Agent for Linux configuration database to/from a configuration file.