MySQL Database Processing Settings
To process the MySQL database system, the MySQL account must have the following privileges:
To obtain information about privileges that are assigned to the account, use MySQL functionality, for example, the SHOW GRANTS statement. To learn more, see MySQL documentation.
To specify processing settings for the MySQL database system, do the following:
- In the Specify advanced job settings window, select the MySQL processing option with the Tab and Down keys and press Enter.
- In the MySQL processing section, select one of the following options:
- Require successful processing. With this option selected, Veeam Agent will stop the backup process if an error occurs when processing the MySQL database system.
- Try application processing, ignore failures. With this option selected, Veeam Agent will continue the backup process even if errors occur when processing the MySQL database system.
- In the Authentication method section, specify how Veeam Agent will connect to the MySQL database:
- Select Password if you want Veeam Agent to connect with the MySQL account name and password. With this option selected, you must specify account name and password in the backup job settings.
- Select Password file if you want Veeam Agent to connect with the MySQL account name and password that are stored in the .my.cnf password file. With this option selected, you must specify a path to the password file, but do not need to specify account credentials in the backup job settings. To learn more about password file configuration, see Preparing Password File for MySQL Processing.