Restoring Files and Folders
If some files and folders on your computer get lost or corrupted, you can restore them from backups. For file-level restore, you can use backups of any type:
- Volume-level backups (backups of the entire computer or specific volumes)
- File-level backups
When you perform file-level restore with the Veeam Recovery Media, Veeam Agent publishes the backup content directly into the recovery image OS file system and displays it in the file browser. You can restore files and folders to their initial location or copy files and folders to a new location.
Before you perform file-level restore, check prerequisites. Then use the File Level Restore wizard to restore the necessary files or folders.
- Boot from the Veeam Recovery Media.
- Select the network adapter.
- Launch the File Level Restore wizard.
- Select the backup file location.
- Specify backup file location settings.
- Browse for the backup file.
- Select the necessary backup and restore point.
- Save restored files or folders.
- Finish working with the Veeam Recovery Media.