Using with Veeam Backup & Replication
If you have the Veeam backup infrastructure deployed in the production environment, you can use Veeam Agent for Linux together with Veeam Backup & Replication.
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0 with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 11 on the Veeam backup server. Veeam Agent for Linux 4.0 or later supports integration with Veeam Backup & Replication 11 or later as well.
The subsequent sections describe tasks available for Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode. For information about Veeam Agent management in Veeam Backup & Replication, see Veeam Agent Management Guide.
Tasks with Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam Backup & Replication lets you perform a number of additional disaster recovery tasks and administrative actions with Veeam Agent backups. You can:
Data protection tasks
- Create Veeam Agent backups on backup repositories
- Create Veeam Agent backups on a Veeam Cloud Connect repository
- Copy Veeam Agent backups to secondary backup repositories
- Archive Veeam Agent backups to tape
- Restore a Veeam Agent backup to a VMware vSphere VM
- Restore a Veeam Agent Backup to a Microsoft Hyper-V VM
- Restore disks from Veeam Agent backups
- Export Veeam Agent backups to standalone full backup files
- Restore data from Veeam Agent backups to Microsoft Azure
- Restore data from Veeam Agent backups to Amazon EC2
- Import Veeam Agent backups
- Enable and disable Veeam Agent backup jobs
- View Veeam Agent backup job statistics
- Delete Veeam Agent backup jobs
- Remove Veeam Agent backups
- View Veeam Agent backup statistics