In addition to the generic Veeam Recovery Media that is available for download at the Veeam website, you can create a custom Veeam Recovery Media. This option may be helpful if your computer uses hardware that requires drivers not included in the generic Veeam Recovery Media. When you create a custom Veeam Recovery Media, Veeam Agent for Linux copies the Linux kernel running on your computer with its currently loaded modules and includes them into the custom recovery media. You can also specify a directory that contains additional drivers that you want to include in the Veeam Recovery Media. Veeam Agent for Linux will copy the content of the specified directory and add it to the root directory of the custom Veeam Recovery Media ISO file.
Before you create custom Veeam Recovery Media, check the following prerequisites:
- The machine must run Veeam Agent for Linux 2.0 or later.
- The Linux system must have the genisoimage package installed.
- If you plan to create custom Veeam Recovery Media with EFI support, the Linux system must also have the following packages installed:
- isolinux (or syslinux, if the software package repository of your Linux distribution lacks the isolinux package)
To create custom Veeam Recovery Media, use the following command:
veeamconfig config patchiso --input <input_path> --output <output_path> --copy <additional_path>
veeamconfig config patchiso --efi --input <input_path> --output <output_path> -copy <additional_path>
- <input_path> — path to the ISO file of the generic Veeam Recovery Media.
- <output_path> — path to the resulting ISO file of the custom Veeam Recovery Media.
- <additional_path> — path to a directory with additional drivers that you want to include in the Veeam Recovery Media.
- --efi — option that defines whether custom Veeam Recovery Media should be able to boot on EFI-based systems. Without this option, custom Veeam Recovery Media will be able to boot on BIOS-based systems only.
$ veeamconfig config patchiso --input veeam/iso/veeam-recovery-media.iso --output veeam/iso/veeam-recovery-media-srv01.iso --efi