At this step of the wizard, specify retention policy settings.
- In the Retention policy drop-down list, specify how long your data should be stored in a backup repository.
- Choose a retention policy type:
- Item-level retention. To keep an item until its creation time or last modification time is within the retention coverage.
- Snapshot-based retention. To keep an item until its latest restore point is within the retention coverage.
- Click Advanced to specify when to apply a retention policy. You can select to apply a retention policy on a daily basis, or monthly.
For more information about retention policies, see Understanding Retention Policy.
The retention type of a backup repository cannot be changed in future.